Brand Partnerships Account Manager
Tuesday 28th May 2019
Job Title: Brand Partnerships Account Manager
Department: Brand Partnerships
Reports to: Head of Commercial
Direct Line Reports: Senior Brand Partnerships Account Assistant
Location: Somerset House, London
Type: Full Time
The British Fashion Council are looking for a driven, hardworking and efficient Account Manager to sit within the Brand Partnerships Team. The Account Manager will work closely with the Brand Partnerships Sales team to ensure the commercial campaigns are managed faultlessly and client goals are understood and exceeded.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall client management of existing partners; ensuring delivery of their activation in line with contracts and ideation of new ideas throughout the contract term. BFC Partners consist of a number of brands in varied categories including Automotive, Banking and Beauty.
The Brand Partnerships Account Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a market leading standard of campaign management. You will lead every aspect of campaign success across the whole of the BFC’s portfolio of events and initiatives such as London Fashion Week, London Fashion Week Men’s, NEWGEN and The Fashion Awards.
Working with a variety of accounts and agencies, you will work to scope and deliver campaigns with paid partners and internal collaborators. Campaign activity includes, but is not limited to, event activation, branded content offerings, social content, designer collaborations and mentoring programmes, client attendance at events and speaking opportunities, IP usage agreements, education and charity activations
Previous Client management experience is essential for this role and an agency background where multiple clients are worked on at the same time favourable. Contract knowledge would also be helpful as managing and delivering campaigns in line with contract terms will be a key part of the job.
- To develop and implement management tools and initiatives to ensure market leading campaign management
- To communicate these standards and expectations across the Brand Partnerships team and other relevant departments within the BFC
- To lead and communicate partnership needs within the Brand Partnerships and wider teams at the BFC
- Collaborate with the Brand Partnerships sales team to help put together effective pitches to answer client requirements/briefs. Giving advice on technical feasibility, deliverables and costs, past campaign performance and client insight in order to create a deck that meets and exceeds the client expectations.
- Work with the Sales team to turn the creative concept into a clear account plan with a robust P&L that’s shareable internally and with the client
- Brief in the events and marketing team on all requirements and work with them to facilitate the delivery of all elements of the partnership
- Manage the timeline closely ensuring the client is aware of pending deadlines and the impact of missed deadlines
- Escalate challenging situations to the relevant sales person and Head of Commercial for support when forecasting
- Identify up-sell opportunities and work with relevant sales person to pitch new ideas where alignment is strong
- Monitor contract end dates and work with relevant sales person to re-pitch for new contract well ahead of the deadline.
- Own the client relationship post sale, delivering a first class client service that goes beyond the live campaign and focusing on retention, re-bookings and up-sell opportunities.
- Building long term relationships with agency and client contacts through regular communication including email, phone and meetings
- Effectively manage the campaign life cycle through Account Management best practice:
- Produce Marcomms schedules to illustrate campaign concept and timings
- Own KPI delivery throughout a campaign monitoring performance, highlighting challenges and identifying opportunities to optimize
- Communicate campaign progress to the client through reporting and updates of custom campaigns
- Work with internal teams - events / PR / Marketing / Sales - to schedule activity including social / events delivery / marketing requirements etc
- Act as an ambassador for Brand Partnerships team to the rest of the business – developing relationships with teams to ensure smooth delivery of partnerships – key departments include events, designer relations, Communications and Education & Government.
- Proactively look for ways to add value for the agency and client.
- Be aware of sales budget and be responsible for pacing to budget at all times
- Oversight and management of all sponsorship matters, deadlines and activations for LFW, LFW Men’s and The Fashion Awards
- Management of the BFC’s Corporate Hospitality activity
- Management and sign off of each partner’s activity ahead of the event
- Communicating deliverables to all internal teams seeking approval where necessary
- Provide hands-on onsite support for partners during build, live and breakdown periods
- Produce analysis and insight at end of campaign and present back to the client - Post Campaign Analysis (PCA)
- Set up PCA meetings internally for all campaigns and communicate insights and learnings back to the Sales teams
- Responsible for collation of campaign data for use on future activity
- Create case study for sales team to use demonstrating the value of each campaign and summarising the activity.
- External - commercial partners, patrons, agencies, designers, production companies, SME (hospitality)
- Internal – events, communications and designer relations teams + wider organisation
Requirements & Key Attributes – Skills & Requirements
- Graduate with at least 5 years experience in a similar account management/client relationship based role
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Line Management experience
- Comfortable dealing with internal and external senior representatives
- A genuine interest in brand partnerships and sponsorship
- A genuine interest in the fashion industry
- Strong communications skills
- Solutions focused
- Strong IT skills
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Christmas eve
- Summer Hours (July & August)
- Company Pension Contribution
How To Apply
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV to email@example.com
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK