Brand Partnerships Manager
Tuesday 28th May 2019
Job Title: Brand Partnerships Manager
Department: Brand Partnerships
Reports to: Head of Commercial
Direct Line Reports: 3 direct reports: Senior Brand Partnerships Assistant,
Brand Partnerships Executive, Senior Brand Partnerships Executive
Location: Somerset House, London
Type: Full Time
The British Fashion Council are looking for an experienced, driven, hardworking and efficient Brand Partnerships Manager (BPM) to sit within the Brand Partnerships Team and to lead sales efforts across all British Fashion Council owned entities and initiatives which include; London Fashion Week, London Fashion Week Men’s, The Fashion Awards, Charitable initiatives and Fashion Forum.
Working with the Head of Commercial you will create and implement the Brand Partnership sales strategy, monitoring and reporting on progress against team objectives and sales targets and adapting the sales strategy as required.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in developing and delivering high level sales across events and bespoke initiatives and nurturing and managing a small sales team. You will ensure that pipelines, sales materials and pitches are in place for all sales initiatives throughout the year and in line with BFC guidelines.
You will have and will cultivate positive and deep relationships with clients and agencies and be responsible for taking relevant and thought through ideas and concepts to market, proactively seeking out new business and ensuring BFC is being briefed by major west end agencies where relevant
You will be an ideas person, able to present strong ideas to clients that fit in with their overarching strategy. You will be a confident and natural presenter who is able to adapt the pitch approach based on a client’s response to intelligent questions.
You will be able to inspire the sales team, developing their skills with clients and agencies and monitoring their progress against departmental objectives and personal development objectives.
- To develop and implement sales strategy ensuring annual sales targets are met
- To closely manage, report on and optimise sales efforts based on success and focus on reaching annual sales targets. To efficiently identify premium sales opportunities
- To communicate the strategy and targets across the Brand Partnerships sales and account management team to ensure everyone is aligned
- To work with wider BFC teams when creating campaign proposals to ensure buy-in from areas such as events / PR / Marketing etc
- To ensure Account Management are involved during the relevant stages of a proposal and to ensure they have inputted to the final plan. To communicate full partnership needs to the Account Management team post contract and to ensure a successful transition.
- To step in to support Account Management when necessary – for managing challenges and up-selling identified opportunities
- To create and manage an exhaustive pipeline across all BFC events and initiatives and across the whole sales team
- To create an annual strategy to ensure that focus on sales is directly related to the size of opportunity and that the team are going to market in a timely fashion across all initiatives.
- To ensure pitch decks, proposals and all other sales materials are up to date, top quality and in line with the BFC guidelines.
- To successfully manage and measure an outreach programme across all categories - client and agency facing – measuring success across emails / calls / face to face meetings and training the sales team to optimise their efforts to market.
- Proven track record in developing creative concepts and proposals
- Ability to put together effective and high-quality pitches to answer client requirements/briefs.
- Work with the Sales team to turn the creative concept into a powerful presentation and to demonstrate and nurture presentation skills throughout the team
- Competent negotiation skills with a proven record in developing financial proposals and a realistic P&L
- Work closely with the Account Manager to ensure that your vision is being delivered throughout the campaign
- Attend top level meetings where necessary to ensure client is happy throughout the campaign
- Manage and host clients during events, supporting Account Management in bringing event activations to life
- Working with Account Management to identify up-sell opportunities and pitch to existing clients.
- Working with Account Management to put together post campaign analysis
- Prepping for and attending review meeting, supporting Account Management in re-signing existing clients
- External - commercial partners, patrons, agencies,
- Internal – events, communications and designer relations teams, finance and education
Requirements & Key Attributes – Skills & Requirements
- Graduate with at least 5 years experience in a similar creative sales role
- Line Management experience of at least 2 years
- Solutions focused
- Comfortable dealing with internal and external senior representatives
- A genuine interest in brand partnerships
- Extensive industry knowledge, including international, British brands and positioning in the market
- Strong communication and exceptional organisational skills
- Strong negotiation skills and proven track record in managing targets and P&Ls
- Strong IT skills
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive - depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Christmas eve
- Summer Hours (July & August)
- Company Pension Contribution
How To Apply
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV to email@example.com
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK