The British Fashion Council (BFC) today announces they have appointed production company Bacchus to design the show space for London Fashion Week at Somerset House this September.
Simon Ward, joint chief executive of the British Fashion Council, commented, “Bacchus presented an updated concept for the show tent, sponsor lounges, reception, bar and communications area. They understand the complexities of the site and we are confident they will deliver premium results.”
Bacchus Studio's expertise lies in the design and production of fashion, music and luxury brand events both in the UK and internationally. They have worked on projects for designers such as Christian Lacroix, Thierry Mugler, Charles Anastase, Stephen Jones, Gareth Pugh, Ozwald Boateng, Manish Arora and Roksanda Ilincic either as a part the International Collections in London, Paris and Milan, or as a part of the V&A's Fashion in
Charlotte Lurot, director of Bacchus, said ‘"We are thrilled to be working with the British Fashion Council on London Fashion Week. The move to Somerset House heralds an exciting new chapter in the history of London Fashion Week and we are delighted to be a part of the team which will deliver a new, stylish and vibrant environment for designers
An ‘Open Day’ for London Fashion Week designers, their PR’s and show producers will be held at Somerset House on Friday June 5th ahead of next season's London Fashion Week which runs from 18th – 22nd September.
For more information on London Fashion Week visit www.londonfashionweek.co.uk
- Ends -
For more information on the Open Day at Somerset House contact:
Camilla Scott-Bowden at the British Fashion Council Tel: 020 7636 7788 firstname.lastname@example.org
• The British Fashion Council (BFC) is a not for profit limited company set up in 1983 to promote British Fashion and co-ordinate this promotion through fashion weeks, exhibitions and showcasing events
• London Fashion Week is organised by the British Fashion Council.
• The British Fashion Council is celebrating 25 Years of British Fashion throughout 2009. This encompasses 25 years of the British Fashion Council, 25 years of co-ordinating London Fashion Week and 25 years of British Fashion Awards.
• London Fashion Week puts London and British Fashion firmly on the international stage, generating orders in the region of £100m. In addition, the event itself contributes £20 million to the London economy in terms of direct spend and attracts visitors from over 25 countries including US, France, Italy, Russia, Middle East, China and UAE.
• Bacchus Studio is the production division of creative communications agency Bacchus.
• As well as fashion shows Bacchus has also produced major music events in the UK, Europe and the US and has recently returned from producing the ‘This Day Excellence Awards’ in Africa with Bill Clinton and Kofi Annan.