Designer Relations & Membership Assistant
The British Fashion Council is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to further the interests of the British fashion industry and its designer businesses by harnessing and sharing collective knowledge, experience and resources of the sector. Formed in 1983, the BFC is funded by industry patrons, commercial sponsors, and the government including the Mayor of London and the ERDF. It leads the industry through creative influence and is strategically repositioning British fashion in the global fashion economy.
The BFC encourages a culture which empowers, values, nurtures, supports and rewards its employees and promotes a positive environment with a focus on team collaboration and open communication.
The BFC is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer. Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. They’re more than just words. We are inclusive. We celebrate and champion multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So together we’re building a culture where difference is valued.
Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, disability, socioeconomics, and experience drives us forward every day internally and externally. Everyone is welcome, as an inclusive workplace the BFC encourages our employees to bring their true self to work and we commit to develop your skills and advance your careers in a culture of creativity.
The Designer Relations & Membership Department primarily works towards London Fashion Week and onboarding new members to our Membership scheme, along with additional designer support and communications.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly-motivated Assistant to support the Designers Relations and Membership Executive & Manager. The role will include:
- Supporting the team in delivering London Fashion Week schedules in both physical & digital form
- Supporting LFW Profile Designers with updating their profiles
- Assisting with Membership through processing applications and updating trackers
- Liaising with the different departments within the BFC to deliver projects in a timely manner
Co-ordinating contact lists & our CRM to ensure all contacts are up to date.
London Fashion Week Tasks
- Support Executive with the LFW application process, creating application packs and collating results
- Support Executive with LFW assets, working with the marketing team to deliver all decks.
- Support Profile Designers by providing technical support for the upload process and creating log-ins
- Support the team with delivering the London Fashion Week schedule
- Supporting Executive with confirming and listing LFW schedule evening events
- Collating designer information for the season - contact lists, lanyard information etc.
- Sending and chasing LFW contracts and collating ERDF data
- Working with the finance team to ensure invoices are raised and payments are made
- Liaising with marketing team to update all schedule changes
- Ensuring LFW contact lists are up to date and cross referencing the LFW platform to ensure accuracy
- Processing Membership applications and following up on pending applications
- Ensuring tracker and CRM are up to date
- Tracking and chasing Membership payments
- Updating the member network on the BFC website and Membership portal
- Assisting with the co-ordination of the weekly Membership newsletter
- Managing Membership inbox and escalating where necessary
- Manage the BFC’s internal designer database, ensuring the data is kept up to date
- Create meeting agendas and circulate minutes following team/department meetings
- Provide team/designer updates on Facebook Workplace to keep the company up to date
- Ensure the team’s critical path is circulated, updated and deadlines are being met
- Support team with delivering designer surveys
- Represent the BFC and act as an ambassador at events
- Support with ad-hoc projects and requests
Team (across BFC and externally)
- Pro-actively supports the department
- Pays attention in meetings to ensure they are informed and up to date
- Immediately escalates issues that come to their attention
- Works with teams to positively deliver requests
- Takes direction to ensure thorough preparation to meet delivery requirements
- Takes ownership when expected, delivers in a timely manner and meets deadlines
- Awareness of workload and can prioritise tasks in order of importance, to ensure delivery
- Exceptional organisational skills and follow-through on all tasks
- Delivers individual tasks whilst maintaining focus on other ongoing projects
- Awareness of best practice behaviours and works as a team to meet BFC’s objectives
Requirements & Key Attributes – Skills & Requirements
- Excellent level of written and spoken English is essential
- Strong communication and exceptional organisational skills
- Relationship management skills
- Strong IT skills
- Proven experience within fashion and knowledge of British and international designers their brands, collections and their position in the market
- Updating databases and advanced Microsoft Applications skills with strong IT and numeracy skills
Salary & Benenefits
- Salary dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Christmas eve + half day for birthday
- Summer Hours (July & August)
- Company Pension Contribution
- Standard company working hours, flexibility required during events, exhibitions, etc. The BFC team is currently working from home in line with government guidance – any new starters may work remotely initially depending on government guidelines.
How To Apply
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV and outlining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Membership and Designer Relations Assistant’ in the subject by Thursday 21st July 2022
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide specific feedback should your application be unsuccessful Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Successful candidates will be notified by email and invited to a first-stage interview
- Upon application, please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments for the interview