Terms and Conditions
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you submit your Membership Application
These terms set out our respective legal rights and responsibilities in respect of your application and membership of BRITISH FASHION COUNCIL (“BFC”). By making an application for membership you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and confirm that the information you have submitted is accurate and complete.
Application Criteria and Fees
- In order to be considered to be a member, you must meet pre-set criteria (please see BFC Member Information Pack). Please check that you / your brand meet this criteria before applying for membership. Applications received which do not meet this criteria will not be considered.
- Once the BFC has considered your application, it will notify you if you have been accepted as a member of the BFC.
- Membership recognises the ‘brand named’ business set out in the Membership Application Form and the membership and Member Benefits are for that business only and may not be assigned, sold or otherwise transferred to any other brand, designer or business.
- BFC reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse any membership application for any reason.
- Membership is for a 12 month period from the date of acceptance by BFC (“Initial Term”) and, unless cancelled in accordance with the provisions below, will be automatically renewed for consecutive periods of 12 months from the expiry of the Initial Term and each year after it (each a “Renewal Term”). The Initial Term and the Renewal Term shall together be the “Term”.
- The annual turnover of your business will determine your “Membership Category” and “Membership Fee”. The Membership Application Form sets out the Membership Fee payable by you during the Initial Term should the BFC accept your application to become a member. The Membership Fee for each Renewal Term will be the same as the Membership Fee payable during the Initial Term unless it is varied by the BFC as set out below.
- The Membership Fee for the Initial Term and each Renewal Term is payable, in full, within 30 days of the date of a corresponding invoice from the BFC and shall be made by bank transfer to the bank details set out in the invoice. Please use your brand name as your reference for the payment.
- Membership Fees are reviewed periodically and may be varied by BFC. When any such changes are made, the BFC will provide not less than 60 days’ notice to members and such new Membership Fee will be effective from the start of the next Renewal Term to commence after the date of the notice.
As a member of the BFC, the BFC expects you to:
- Support the BFC’s published aims and objectives by sharing expertise with other members and partners through attending events, contributing to insight opportunities and participating in activities and initiatives (where appropriate) as part of the BFC’s non-profit remit;
- Keep all contact information up to date to ensure that listings on the BFC website are accurate;
- Contribute to the development of the British fashion community through open and collaborative dialogue with the BFC;
- Act professionally, courteously and responsibly at all BFC events; and
- Adhere to business best practice Code of Conduct. Where this isn’t possible, raise directly with the BFC for consideration as part of application process. A copy of the best practice Code of Conduct can be found as part of the application process.
- You are granted the Member Benefits during the Term of your membership. The list of Member Benefits is set out in the BFC Member Information Pack. The BFC Member Information Pack (and therefore the benefits in it) may change from time to time. Where the benefits granted to you as a member do change, we will let you know accordingly.
- Members are not invited to all BFC Events and activities and where members are invited to BFC events access may be subject to availability and/or a further fee.
- Admission to BFC events and BFC event venues may also be refused to any member or their guest at the discretion of BFC.
Cancellation of Membership
- If you do not want to renew your membership after the Initial Term or after any Renewal Term, notice must be provided in writing or by email to your BFC account manager (allocated to you on acceptance of membership) not less than 30 days’ before the commencement of the next Renewal Term. Notice received less than 30 days’ before the commencement of the next Renewal Term will not be effective until the following year and, as such, you will be obliged to pay the Membership Fee in the forthcoming Renewal Term.
- Cancelling your membership via verbal instruction to any employee of BFC is not sufficient to cancel your membership. In the event of a dispute proof of postage requesting cancellation, hand delivered letters countersigned/photocopied by a BFC employee or e-mail are the only formats accepted as confirmation of cancellation.
- You have the right to cancel your membership at any time. If you cancel your membership, you will have no claim to any refund of Membership Fees paid and all Membership Fees due but not yet paid will immediately become due and payable by you.
Termination of Membership
- BFC reserves the right to immediately terminate your membership for the following reasons on giving you written notice of the same if: (i) you have committed a breach of any of the terms hereof and (where such breach is capable of being remedied) shall have failed to remedy the same within 30 (thirty) days of receiving a notice specifying the breach and requiring its remedy; (ii) you engage in conduct which, in the reasonable opinion of the BFC, reflects unfavourably on the good name, goodwill, reputation or image of BFC, the membership programme, or other members; or (iii) you fail to pay any Membership Fee when due and fail to remedy the same within 5 working days of the date of a reminder notice from the BFC that payment is overdue.
- In the event that membership is terminated for one of these reasons, without prejudice to the BFC’s other rights and remedies, you acknowledge that no refund of any Membership Fees paid will be made to you. On termination of your membership, all rights connected with your membership shall immediately cease.
Disclaimer, Liability and General Terms
- Whilst BFC endeavours to ensure the accuracy of information and material supplied to Members (including in the BFC Member Information Pack and on the BFC website and at events), no warranty is given about the accuracy of such information and materials.
- BFC reserves the right to vary these terms (including the documents referred to in them) from time to time. We will make you aware of any variations that we make.
- Nothing in these terms shall exclude or in any way limit either party’s liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by its negligence or any other liability to the extent such liability may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law. Subject to the foregoing, the BFC shall not in any event be liable to pay compensation or damages to you (for whatever reason such compensation or damages may be due) in relation to these terms or the rights granted under them, greater than the amount of the Membership Fees received by the BFC in the particular year of the Term to which the action or claim relates.
- During the Term, the parties acknowledge and agree that the BFC may access, receive, generate, store and/or otherwise process personal data relating to you in order to process your application for membership and to fulfil its obligations to you under these membership terms when you become a member. The types of personal data include names, address, other contract information, financial data. You acknowledge that the BFC shall be the data controller of the data processed in connection with your membership. We both agree to comply with the obligations imposed on us by applicable Data Protection Legislation. “Data Protection Legislation” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 together with all other applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy, including without limitation, any binding guidance and codes of practice issued from time to time by any relevant supervisory authority.
- Nothing in this Agreement excludes or limits either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for any other act which cannot be excluded or limited by law. Subject to the foregoing, the BFC shall not in any event be liable to pay compensation or damages to you in relation to these terms or your membership (or the rights granted as part of the membership) greater than the amount of Membership Fee received by you in connection with the particular membership year to which such action or claim arises.
- The terms are governed by English law and the parties subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
BFC Photographers & Broadcasters Terms & Conditions & Image Usage Rights
Please make sure to read the below before proceeding with Photographers/Broadcasters (P/Bs) accreditation:
- The British Fashion Council (BFC) accredits and issues P/Bs with official London Fashion Week (LFW) passes. In the case of an Official BFC Venue, only accredited P/Bs bearing official passes will be granted access to it. The BFC reserves the right to revoke any P/Bs accreditation and prevent access to LFW.
- The BFC only accredits P/Bs with credentials and commissioning letters stating the outlet/publication the P/Bs cover for – the BFC does not accredit freelance P/Bs.
- The BFC only accredits Front of House P/Bs. There is no BFC Backstage accreditation. Backstage accreditation needs to be requested directly via the designers’ PR and is at their discretion only.
- LFW P/Bs accreditation does not grant automatic access to LFW events held at external venues. P/Bs need to refer to the list provided by the BFC to understand which events accept BFC accreditation. If an event does not accept BFC accreditation, P/Bs need to request access directly to the organisers of the event
- P/Bs are only permitted to capture imagery or film for the publications or channels that they have been formally accredited for.
- Unless otherwise agreed imagery or film may only be used for the editorial reporting of LFW. Editorial reporting of LFW includes publication’s hard copies, online versions and social media channels and does not include paid for advertising, direct sales or endorsement.
- News agencies may sell or syndicate to recognised news outlets, publishers and titles for editorial purposes but they may not sell or syndicate to third parties for commercial purposes including marketing, paid for advertising and retail.
In order to process your application the BFC may access, receive, generate, store and/or otherwise process personal data relating to you. The types of personal data include names, address, other contract information, financial data. You acknowledge that the BFC shall be the data controller of the data processed in connection with your accreditation. All parties agree to comply with the obligations imposed on us by applicable Data Protection Legislation. “Data Protection Legislation” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 together with all other applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy, including without limitation, any binding guidance and codes of practice issued from time to time by any relevant supervisory authority.
Bloggers & Influencers
Due to the high volume of applications we receive each season, the British Fashion Council asks that each blogger or influencer provide specific information in order to be considered for accreditation. To apply please provide the following evidence for your primary publishing platform:
Fashion-related content with a minimum of 35K followers.
Average of 50K views per fashion-related video, and a minimum of 80K subscribers.
Over 15,000 Monthly Unique Visitors – please provide clearly dated statistics from the last three months from Google Analytics or a similar source.
A minimum of 100k followers and 50k average views.
Please be aware that accreditation is reviewed on a seasonal basis, and is not guaranteed on the basis of previous successful application.
1.1 Welcome to the British Fashion Council website at www.britishfashioncouncil.com (“Website”).
1.2 The Website is operated by British Fashion Council (“we”, “us”, “our”). Our registered office is 33 Broadwick Street, Soho, London W1F 0DQ United Kingdom and our registered company number is 02050620.
3. Accuracy and availability of our websites
3.1 We do our best to make sure that our Website is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, but we cannot promise that it will be and you are responsible for putting in place your own internet security and safety measures.
3.2 Our Website is provided free of charge and has not been developed to meet your specific requirements. We cannot promise that it will be fit or suitable for your specific purposes.
3.3 Materials posted on our Website are provided for general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our news, features, products and services. This information is not intended as any form of advice and should not be relied on as such. Any reliance that you may place on the information on this Website is at your own risk.
3.4 Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to suspend or terminate access to any part of it at any time without notice.
3.5 We update our Website regularly and reserve the right to add, remove and otherwise change its content at any time without notice.
4. Access to our websites
4.1 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access our Website (and for any costs of doing so). In particular, you are responsible for ensuring that your computer and/or portable device is compatible with our Website.
4.3 Our Website is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the United Kingdom. If you choose to access our Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
4.4 We want you and others to enjoy using our Website. When doing so, we ask that you observe the following rules:
(a) you are not permitted to use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content or data from our Website;
(b) you agree not to use our Website for any illegal or unauthorised purpose and you agree to comply with all laws and regulations applicable to your use of our Website, including copyright and other intellectual property laws;
(d) you must not interfere with our Website or any servers or networks connected to our Website, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, malware, spyware or any other code of a destructive, malicious or disruptive nature. You must not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any page of our Website is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device;
(e) you must not change, modify or alter our Website or change, modify or alter another website so as to inaccurately imply an association with our Website or with us;
(f) you must not access our Website via a means we have not authorised in writing in advance, including automated devices, scripts, bots, spiders, crawlers or scrapers (except for standard search engine technologies); and
(g) you must not use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content or data from our Website except where you or any applicable third party has entered into a written agreement with us that permits such activity.
5. Accessing your account
It on our Website, you will be required to select a user name and password and provide other personal information. Your account details are personal to you and you must keep such information confidential and not disclose them to any other person. We will be entitled to treat any action carried out through your account as being carried out by you. You must notify us immediately if you have reason to believe that your account details may have been compromised or used by any other person. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to your account for any reason in our discretion.
6. Your privacy & cookies
6.1 The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Any personal information that you provide to us will be dealt with in accordance with our Privacy Notice, which explains what personal information we collect from you, how and why we collect, store, use and share such information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities if you have a query or complaint about the use of your personal information.
7. Our intellectual property rights
7.2 You may only view, print out, use, quote from and cite our Website and its contents for your own personal, non-commercial use on the condition that you give appropriate acknowledgment to us where appropriate and you do not remove our copyright or other proprietary notices.
8. Uploading your content to our website
8.1 On certain parts of our Website, you may be invited to upload materials to our Website (“Your Content”). If you choose to upload materials, you must ensure that Your Content complies with the terms and conditions in the separate agreement we have with you regarding such content.
9. Our liability to you
9.2 We will not be liable for any loss that is not caused by us or that was caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
10. Your liability to us
11. Linking to our website
11.1 You may link to any page of our Website, provided that you do so for non-commercial purposes and in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. For the avoidance of doubt, the linking site must not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time and without notice.
11.2 You must not link to our Website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists and you must not remove, obscure or modify in any way any advertisements, copyright notice, or other information on our Website. Our Website must not be framed on any other website.
12. Third party websites & services
12.1 Our Website may contain links to third party websites and services. If you decide to visit any third party website or use a third party service, or purchase products from that third party, you do so at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions on their website. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the reputation of such third parties and the services they offer. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on third party websites or services. Links that we make available do not imply that we are, or our Website is, affiliated to or associated with such websites or services.
12.2 Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your use of other services, including websites and services which have a link to or from our Website, is subject to that operator’s own rules and policies. In particular, third party websites will process your personal information in accordance with their own privacy notices. Please read all applicable third party policies and terms and conditions before proceeding.
13. General provisions & applicable law
14. Enquiries & complaints
14.1 If you have an enquiry or complaint about our Website, please email us for the attention of Clara Mercer at email@example.com or write to us at Clara Mercer, Director of Communications British Fashion Council, 33 Broadwick Street Soho, London W1F 0DQ, United Kingdom. We will try to answer your enquiry or resolve any complaint as soon as possible.
London Fashion Week Social Media Competitions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. To enter the competition you must be:
(a) UK resident; and
(b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry; and
(c) able to provide their own transport to and from the event
2. Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of the British Fashion Council.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. The closing date can be found on the original social media post or where relevant, email marketing communication , and British Fashion Council reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
6. If you win a competition, we will notify you by direct message. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as British Fashion Council may require.
8. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
9. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
10. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
11. This competition is being run by British Fashion Council, Fora, 33 Broadwick Street, London W1F 0DQ.
13. British Fashion Council reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.