Digital Communications Student Placement
Friday 30th March 2020
Job Title: Digital Communications Student Placement
Department: Marketing (Communications)
Reports to: Senior Digital Communications Assistant
Location: Somerset House, London
Type: Full Time
The British Fashion Council (BFC) is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to further the interests of the British fashion industry and its designer businesses by harnessing and sharing collective knowledge, experience and resources of the sector. Formed in 1983, the BFC is funded by industry patrons, commercial sponsors, and the government including the Mayor of London and the ERDF. It leads the industry through creative influence and is strategically repositioning British fashion in the global fashion economy.
The BFC encourages a culture which empowers, values, nurtures, supports and rewards its employees and promotes a positive environment with a focus on team collaboration and open communication.
The BFC is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The BFC is looking for an enthusiastic student placement to support the Marketing Department in all online activity.
- Website admin inc. content upload, editing, creating image galleries while ensuring that all online content collateral meets brand guidelines
- Maintaining the overall website design and ensuring content is up-to-date
- Day-to-day liaison with web agency for any assistance
- Creation of e-newsletters including proofing, template creation and checking links
- Requesting and collating content from designers, sponsors and other BFC key stakeholders across all BFC events and initiatives
- Assisting with the management of BFC social media channels and overseeing the digital content calendar, using scheduling platforms to ensure regular publication of content
- Contribute to team creative idea meetings
- Collating weekly and event status reports for website traffic, e- newsletters & social media including data analysis and report writing
- Outreach to talent to collate influencer invitations and attendance
Requirements & Key Attributes – Skills & Requirements
- Keen interest in digital marketing and social media
- Close attention to detail
- Results driven with a commitment to working to high standards
- Organised, calm and employs a methodical approach to work in a busy, high-pressure environment
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in written form
- Maintains a positive attitude and develops strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word) and understanding of CMS uploading systems, basic HTML
Salary & Benefits
- Job type: Internship to meet university work placement requirements of up to 1 year, commencing June 2020
- Salary: National Minimum Wage
- 28 days annual holiday including Bank Holidays
- Standard company working hours, flexibility required during events, exhibitions, etc.
- Confirmation of internship subject to successful completion of a 1-month probationary period
- Location: Somerset House, London WC2R 1LA
- The BFC is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer
How To Apply
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Candidates must meet the essential job description criteria for consideration.
- Unfortunately, the BFC is unable to respond personally to candidates that do not meet the mandatory criteria.
- Successful candidates will be notified in writing and invited for an informal 20 – 30 minute first-stage interview with the Digital Marketing Assistant and Digital Communications Manager.
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV and email to email@example.com