Explore the Official LFW Schedule here.
We are delighted to announce the launch of London Fashion Week presented by 1664 Blanc (LFW) February 2024, taking place from Friday 16th to Tuesday 20th February.
The schedule currently boasts 66 schedule designers, 42 catwalk shows, 14 presentations, 45 events and 18 digital activations which are available on the official Digital Hub, londonfashionweek.co.uk. This season, we have 8 designers activating as part of the DiscoveryLAB which was established in 2018 to support very emerging designers who do not yet meet the main schedule criteria. Confirmed designers include ALA TIANAN, Amber W.Smith, DENIS HOWLHITA, KYLE HO, LAURA PITHARAS, Nyland Studio, Rhyzem and Savvas Alexander.
New to the LFW schedule is dunhill and COLVILLE. The schedule welcomes back Dilara Findikoglu and Marques'Almeida. BFC NEWGEN designer DERRICK will make his catwalk debut having presented his collections digitally on schedule in the past. The BFC NEWGEN Show Space will return to The Old Selfridges Hotel, thanks to the generous support of Selfridges.
As part of the BFC’s ongoing support for emerging design talent and Ukrainian Fashion Week, LFW will present three Ukrainian designers; J’AMEMME, GASANOVA and TAMAR KEBURIA. This initiative was launched by Ukrainian Fashion Week to support designers in Ukraine following the war.
THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF LFW
With 2024 marking 40 years of LFW, the year will celebrate London’s position as a world leading cultural capital and its creative community. LFW40 will spotlight London’s creative community and the city as a global, cultural hub as well as its role in nurturing emerging talent and the next generation of visionary creatives.
For February, the BFC will host various activations and events which will ignite the imagination, celebrating the breadth of creative talent and the creative community. The LFW40 celebrations include:
- LFW40 writes a Love Letter to London - Femi Koleoso of Mercury Prize winner (2023) Ezra Collective has written a Love Letter to London to celebrate its creative communities. The letter will be presented through a short film and will launch on Valentine’s Day, featuring some of iconic London’s creatives including Allan Mustafa, Bimini Bon Boulash, Clara Amfo, Foday Dumbuya, Grace Carter, Headie One, Kojey Radical, Kosar Ali, Mahalia, Saul Nash, Sebastian Croft, Tan France and Victor Kunda.
- LFW40 opens the London Stock Exchange - LFW will open the London Stock Exchange on Thursday 15th February acknowledging the significant economic impact of the creative industries.
- LFW40 Lights up London - To celebrate and raise awareness of LFW40, some of London’s most iconic landmarks (including the Covent Garden, London Eye and Royal Opera House) will light up green on Thursday 15th February from 6pm.
- LFW40 Cheat Sheet and Media Hub - To provide an overview into the LFW40 celebrations, the BFC have created a LFW40 Cheat Sheet available here which includes information on the key plans for the anniversary, LFW through the decades, the economic impact of LFW and frequently asked questions. Stay up to date with the LFW40 events and celebrations via the BFC Media Hub.
The year-long celebrations will demonstrate the economic impact of the UK fashion industry which shows strong signs of steady recovery. Recent figures from Mintel show that:
- UK womenswear sales are valued at an estimated £31.9 billion 2023
- UK menswear sales are valued at an estimated £15.6 billion in 2023.
LFW CITY WIDE CELEBRATIONS
LFW February will continue to unite London in a festival of creativity and innovation through the City Wide Celebration (CWC). CWC is a programme of events and activities open to the public running from Friday 16th to Tuesday 20th February alongside the LFW schedule. This season, the programme consists of 500 activations across 180 brands - these include exclusive panel discussions, pop-ups, DJ sets, discounts, designer Q&A sessions, personalised gifts, collection launches and creative workshops. Explore the programme here.
BFC NEWGEN 30 TOTE BAGS x HEATHROW AIRPORT
As part of our continued celebration of the 30th anniversary of BFC NEWGEN, alumni Ahluwalia, Christopher Kane, Erdem, Giles Deacon, Halpern, Mary Katrantzou and Roksanda have donated signature prints which have been reimagined into a limited-edition collection of luxury tote bags Throughout 2024, passengers will be able to purchase the tote bags across Heathrow Airport from shops including Case, Harrods, WHSmith and World Duty Free. The commemorative tote bags were created in partnership with Bags of Ethics and a donation from each bag goes directly to the BFC Foundation (Registered Charity Number: 1185152).
Explore the London Fashion Week designer community made up of brands and businesses on the digital platform, here. Along with brand biographies, lookbooks, stockist lists and relevant links to digital showrooms, you’ll also find latest collections, catwalk shows, shoppable links and editorial content from the designers.
The generosity and commitment of our partners, suppliers and supporters is more vital than ever. Please help us by acknowledging their support for LFW February 2024 alongside our Principal Partner: 1664 Blanc and Official Partners: Diet Coke, The Londoner and TONI&GUY. Official Suppliers: FORA, Getty. Official Supporters: Department for Business and Trade, HM Government, Mayor of London.