- Over 130 designers will participate at London Collections: Men AW14 in shows, presentations & events; Savile Row, MAN and Fashion East Collectives; and the Designer Showrooms.
- 3 official venues will be used for London Collections: Men this season: The Hospital Club, The Old Sorting Office, and Victoria House, WC2.
- International press and buyers from 37 countries have confirmed attendance at London Collections: Men in January 2014
- The UK menswear market has grown by 12 per cent in the past five years and is worth £10.4bn. The market research group believes the market will maintain this growth and rise by 11 per cent between 2012 and 2017. (Source: mintel)
- The showcase generates over £40million in UK and international media coverage value each season
- Contemporary brands Casely-Hayford and A.Sauvage will hold catwalk shows on the official show schedule
- Highlights on the event schedule include an opening party by Esquire; a reception at Liberty hosted by Men’s Health and YMC; a dinner hosted by Jonathan Newhouse and Tommy Hilfiger and a Mulberry event. The showcase will close with a London Collections: Men Dinner hosted by Dylan Jones and Anya Hindmarch and a Tom Ford event
- The direct value of the UK fashion industry to the UK economy is £21 billion (source: BFC Value of Fashion Report 2010)
- Fashion’s wider contribution to the economy in influencing spending in other industries is estimated to stand at over £37 billion (source: BFC Value of Fashion Report 2010)
- The UK fashion industry is estimated to support 816,000 jobs and is the largest employer of all the creative industries. The sector also provides opportunities to minority groups to a greater extent than most other creative industries (source: BFC Value of Fashion Report 2010)
- The UK fashion industry is similar in size to the food/beverages services and telecommunications industries and bigger than the wholesale and retail of automotives, sports activities, chemical manufacture and advertising/video sectors. (source: BFC Value of Fashion Report 2010)
- Major export markets are USA, Japan, Russia, France, Italy, Middle East, Hong Kong and China.
- The UK is renowned for having the best fashion colleges in the world.
- London Collections: Men is supported by American Express; European Regional Development Fund; Fudge; GQ; The Great Britain Campaign; The Hospital Club; Lavazza Coffee; L’Oreal Paris Men Expert; The Mayor of London; Mercedes-Benz; MRPORTER.COM; Nyetimber; Radisson Blu Edwardian, London; Rightster; Swatch; TOPMAN; UK Trade and Investment; Vodafone and The Woolmark Company. Official Suppliers for AW14 include Fashion Monitor, Penhaligon’s, Q Vodka and Warsteiner.
For the latest information visit: www.londoncollections.co.uk/men
For press enquiries please contact:
Will Rowley, British Fashion Council
+44 (0)20 7759 1968
Image Credit: Lou Dalton at London Collections: Men, June 2013