Brand Partnerships Account Executive
The British Fashion Council (BFC) is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to further the interests of the British fashion industry and its designer businesses by harnessing and sharing collective knowledge, experience and resources of the sector. Formed in 1983, the BFC is funded by industry Patrons, commercial sponsors, and the government including the Mayor of London and the ERDF. It leads the industry through creative influence and is strategically repositioning British fashion in the global fashion economy.
The BFC encourages a culture which empowers, values, nurtures, supports and rewards its employees and promotes a positive environment with a focus on team collaboration and open communication.
The BFC is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer. Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. They’re more than just words. We are inclusive. We celebrate and champion multiple approaches and points of view.
We believe diversity drives innovation. So together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. Our commitment to inclusion drives us forward every day internally and externally.
Everyone is welcome, as an inclusive workplace the BFC encourages our employees to bring their true self to work and we commit to develop your skills and advance your careers in a culture of creativity.
· We are forces of change: We challenge ourselves and inspire others to be responsible and take action for positive change
· We are united: We champion diversity and inclusion and work together to deliver our mission to strengthen British Fashion
· We strive for excellence: The designers are at the heart of everything that we do. We are purpose led and make the right choices to deliver excellence
· We are innovative: We are committed to creativity and innovation to deliver growth
The British Fashion Council Brand Partnerships department is looking for a driven, hardworking and efficient Brand Partnerships Account Executive.
The Brand Partnerships Executive will work within the Account Management team supporting on the delivery of an allocation of partnership accounts across all BFC, events and initiatives.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone to gain experience across multiple areas of the business and to develop skills in account management, client relations, campaign planning and event coordination.
Previous and relevant experience in relationship building across a variety of sectors would be beneficial for this role as well as experience managing multiple campaigns, clients or tasks at one time. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and demonstrate strong and transferrable organisational skills.
This role works alongside the existing Brand Partnerships Account Executive and reports into the Senior Brand Partnerships Manager.
- Support the Brand Partnerships team to deliver commercial partnerships – taking on ownership of key allocated accounts
- Work closely with the sales side of the brand partnerships team to translate ideas and rights in to campaigns and deliver them for the partner
- Collaborate with Executives across Brand Partnerships team and wider BFC teams to deliver partnerships, events and initiatives in an efficient way in line with BFC and partner objectives
- Act as an ambassador for Brand Partnerships team to the rest of the business – developing relationships with teams to ensure smooth delivery of partnerships – key departments include events, designer relations and communications
- Manage key partner campaigns post sale – management of core project documents, both internal and external (critical paths, status reports, meeting agendas)
- Own KPI delivery throughout a campaign monitoring performance, highlighting challenges and identifying opportunities to optimise and increase ROI for clients
- Manage partner activation budgets, tracking spend throughout a campaign and reporting of figures into manager
- Deliver wrap reports for partners, reporting on results clearly and concisely
- Identify risk and challenges - reporting any issues with campaign delivery or client satisfaction to manager
- Identify opportunities for up-sell and contract renewal on current partner contracts
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to manage complex critical paths across multiple clients and multiple events
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to forge and maintain relationships with clients
- Effective and diplomatic communication across all internal departments to activate partnerships that deliver against BFC and partner objectives
- Resolve complaints and able to trouble-shoot with partners, designers, talent etc. with empathy and in a conciliatory manner, scaling up where necessary
- Solutions focused attitude to resolve any internal and external challenges
- Willingness to attend client and partner entertainment events and meetings as required – role may require a flexible approach to working hours
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to provide client with clear and accurate agendas, status reports and updates on request
- Assisting manager with team administration – including reporting, invoicing, and key internal document management
- Assistance with delivery BFC Patron scheme – working with Head of Commercial to coordinate delivery of patron rights, events and updates
- Invoicing – ability to manage department invoicing schedule and work with finance team to ensure invoices are sent and paid in a timely fashion
- External - commercial partners, patrons, agencies, designers, production companies
- Internal – events, communications and designer relations teams & wider organisation
Requirements & Key Attributes – Skills & Requirements
- Experience in a similar, account management/client relationship based role
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Comfortable dealing with internal and external senior representatives
- A genuine interest in commercial brand partnerships and sponsorship
- A genuine interest in the fashion industry
- Strong communication skills
- Strong cross-functional and department partnership skills
Salary & Benefits
- Salary dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Christmas eve + half day for birthday
- Summer Hours (July & August)
- Company Pension Contribution
- Standard company working hours, flexibility required during events, exhibitions, etc. The BFC team is currently working from home in line with government guidance – any new starters may work remotely initially depending on government guidelines.
How To Apply
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV and outlining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Brand Partnerships Account Executive’ in the subject
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Closing date for applications: Friday 17th June 2022
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide specific feedback should your application be unsuccessful Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Successful candidates will be notified by email and invited to a first-stage interview
- Upon application, please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments for the interview