Privacy & Cookies
At the British Fashion Council (BFC) we interact with all sorts of people: members, donors, applicants and many more. If you interact with BFC in some way we will probably need to record some data about you. The data we hold will be held on different systems and processed in different ways depending on our relationship with you.
Your right to privacy, and the security of your personal information is very important to the BFC. The BFC may collect and use your personal data in the following ways:
- Anonymously, to track the pattern of your usage in a single session, or to keep track of your potential purchases online;
- Individually, to maintain your 'logged in' status to a particular section of the site;
- Individually, to send you information about our products and services when you have both provided us with your personal data and consented to our use in this way;
- Individually, to send you information about our partners or sponsors’ products and services when you have both provided us with your personal data and consented to our use in this way.
- Individually, to conduct transactions online using your personal and credit/bank card details.
BFC will never use your personal data in a way that you have not consented to, and will treat all data in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our users and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We use your data to provide to pursue BFC’s legitimate interests in promoting BFC activities such as news updates, new industry initiatives and forthcoming events.
We may also use your details to send you details of news and initiatives in the legitimate interests of our sponsors and partners. Any communication about partner initiatives will always be sent by BFC - we will not give your details to these partners.
You will always have the option to opt out of receiving these communications using the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of every email we send you.
For information, Google Analytics is a tool we use to provide us with information on the use of our website. For example, it tells us the number of visitors the site receives every day, where they have come from, what content they read as well as how long they spend on the site. This helps us to understand use of our site and informs its development. Google Analytics only provides aggregated data and does not collect personal information - so we can't tell which individuals have visited the site or how they have made use of it.
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office..
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a cookie?
What do cookies do?
We collect information about how our Users and Members use and interact with the Site. This may include the pages Members visit most often and when and where Members get error messages. We use these “session state cookies” to help us improve our Site and Services. Blocking or deleting these cookies will not prevent the Site from working.
What third-party cookies does the BFC use?
Google Analytics Opt-Out
It is possible to disable the cookies we use via your browser settings, although this may affect your experience of our website.
Your continued use of this website is deemed to provide the BFC with your implied consent to the operation of the cookies on the site as detailed.
© British Fashion Council 2019
All rights reserved