Communications Student Placement
Friday 30th March 2020
Job Title: Communications Student Placement
Reports to: Communications Executive
Direct Line Reports: Interns / Temporary Staff (ad hoc)
Location: Somerset House, London
Type: Full Time
The British Fashion Council (BFC) is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to further the interests of the British fashion industry and its designer businesses by harnessing and sharing collective knowledge, experience and resources of the sector. Formed in 1983, the BFC is funded by industry patrons, commercial sponsors, and the government including the Mayor of London and the ERDF. It leads the industry through creative influence and is strategically repositioning British fashion in the global fashion economy.
The BFC encourages a culture which empowers, values, nurtures, supports and rewards its employees and promotes a positive environment with a focus on team collaboration and open communication.
The BFC is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The BFC is looking for an enthusiastic student placement to support the communication department and help ensure it delivers its yearly comms strategy and seasonal event targets.
- Day to day saving of digital press cuttings for all initiatives and monitoring daily industry news
- Day to day management of global media databases to collate and report on coverage
- Collating monthly coverage comparison reports for internal use
- Producing seasonal coverage reports for other BFC departments as needed
- Researching and collating key articles and maintaining news sections of Facebook at Work
- First point of contact for online press requests and send out of information for press
- Liaison with press & photographers, confirming their attendance for LFW, LFWM and other BFC events
- Responsible for CRM database registration and accreditation for press, bloggers, stylists and photographers over LFW and LFWM
- Responding to general press queries and requests for images and information
- Coordinating press coverage and materials for the LFW and LFWM on-site press office
- Managing RSVP’s for press events and working on door as required
- Ensuring up to date and correct information on press database and assisting with database queries
- Delivering individual tasks as outlined above whilst maintaining focus on overall objectives
- Exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and follow-through on all tasks and admin duties
- Initiate and develop streamlined systems and processes relating to media monitoring and reporting
- Takes direction to ensure thorough preparation to meet delivery requirements
- Research, develop and support on projects as directed
- Extensive external and internal liaison and relationship management
- Demonstrates best practice in managing communications and quality standards
- Drives best practice behaviours and works as a team to meet BFC’s objectives to maintain integrity and reputation
- Represents the BFC and acts as an ambassador at events, corporate initiatives, networking, etc.
- Maintain and develop positive and strong working relationships with:
- UK press, stylists, influencers and broadcasters
- Designer PRs
- PA to CEO & COO
- Head of Media & Retail, Communications team, Marketing, Sponsorship, Showcasing and Events
Requirements & Key Attributes – Skills & Requirements
- Results driven with a commitment to working to high standards
- Excellent communications skills both face-to-face and on the telephone
- Strong numerical & analytical skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage multi-tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player with a hands-on, can do approach
- Diligent, conscientious with high attention to detail
- Pro-active and sociable with a positive outlook
- Level-headed, personal energy, enthusiastic and engaging
- Promotes a positive, professional image in the office, and out with clients and contacts
Salary & Benefits
- Job type: Internship to meet University work placement requirements of up to 1 year, commencing June 2020
- Salary: National Minimum Wage
- 20 day annual holiday
- Standard company working hours, flexibility required during events, exhibitions, etc.
How To Apply
- Candidates should apply in writing with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV, along with evidence that this Internship will count as part of your under-graduate or post-graduate course, by email to email@example.com
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Candidates must meet the essential Business Skills, Person Specification and Professional Experience & Skills criteria for consideration.
- Unfortunately The BFC is unable to respond personally to candidates that do not meet the mandatory criteria or fail to submit evidence of their course placement requirements.
- Successful candidates will be notified in writing and invited for an interview.