Creative Communications Placement
Friday 30th March 2020
Job Title: Creative Communications Placement
Department: Marketing (Communications)
Reports to: Marketing Executive
Direct Line Reports: Interns / Temporary Staff (ad hoc)
Location: Somerset House, London
Type: Full Time
The British Fashion Council (BFC) is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to further the interests of the British fashion industry and its designer businesses by harnessing and sharing collective knowledge, experience and resources of the sector. Formed in 1983, the BFC is funded by industry patrons, commercial sponsors, and the government including the Mayor of London and the ERDF. It leads the industry through creative influence and is strategically repositioning British fashion in the global fashion economy.
The BFC encourages a culture which empowers, values, nurtures, supports and rewards its employees and promotes a positive environment with a focus on team collaboration and open communication.
The BFC is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The BFC is looking for an enthusiastic student placement to support the Marketing Department, assisting with creative campaigns, branding, photography and ad hoc requirements.
- Supporting the team by managing images, video content, maintaining timelines, updating critical paths and photography schedules
- Collating content, approvals and artworking via email and telephone
- Proof reading and cross checking
- Creating presentations, print materials, invites and social assets for internal and external use
- Being key point of contact between the marketing team, third party agencies and rest of the BFC
- Distributing official logo artworks and brand guidelines to third parties
- Organising photography schedules and archiving
- Requesting and managing photographer accreditation for access to LFW
- Monitoring printed collateral and maintaining stock levels during events
- General office admin including booking couriers, mail merges, filing content on the server etc.
Requirements & Key Attributes – Skills & Requirements
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in written form, copywriting skills
- Adobe (Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator) skills necessary
- Experience within a creative agency, design house or fashion business
- Experience working collaboratively and within a fashion business as a student placement and/or intern
- Organised, calm and employs a methodical approach to work in a busy, high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Eye for detail
- Maintains a positive attitude and develops strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
Salary & Benefits
- Job type: Internship to meet University work placement requirements of 1 year, commencing June 2020
- Salary: National Minimum Wage
- 28 days annual holiday including Bank Holidays
- Standard company working hours, flexibility required during events, exhibitions, etc.
- The BFC is committed to being an Equals Opportunities Employee
How To Apply
- Candidates should apply in writing with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV, by email to email@example.com
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Candidates must meet the essential Business Skills, Person Specification and Professional Experience &
- Skills criteria for consideration
- Unfortunately, the BFC is unable to respond personally to candidates that do not meet the mandatory criteria
- Successful candidates will be notified in writing and invited for an informal 20 – 30 minute first-stage interview with the Marketing Executive and Senior Marketing Manager