In order to be considered for a BFC Fashion Trust Grant:
- Applicants must have been in business for over three years
- The business must be based in the United Kingdom
- Grant money cannot be used for the employment of staff or to cover agency fees
- Candidates can apply up to five times and be awarded a maximum of three times
- Product categories must include: Womenswear Ready-to-Wear, Handbags and Shoes
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit samples from their most recent collection for the judging meeting on Tuesday 14th May 2019.
Candidates are judged equally and on the following basis:
- Need for a Grant – takes into consideration current and historical investments and financial prizes and/or awards received
- Validity of ask – whether the funding objectives have been considered and budgeted for in detail
- Accuracy of information supplied – financial figures, distribution history, transparency of investment received
- Scale of business, forecasted figures and time required for the grant to deliver return and impact on business
- Potential for growth
- Creative merit
- Previous recipients are also assessed on how they utilised and engaged with previous BFCFT grant funds and mentoring support
Applications for 2019 are now closed.
Applicants that meet the above criteria will be able to apply by completing the online form and by providing the following documentation:
- Company information
- Look books of latest 2 collections presented
- End of year accounts for YE 2017 and YE 2018
- Latest management accounts for YE 2019
- Actual P&L and Cashflow for YE 2017 and YE 2018
- Plan P&L and Cashflow for YE 2019 and YE 2020
- Outline of how the grant funds will be spent and the mentoring support required
Shortlisted candidates will be assessed by a judging committee chaired by Caroline Rush, Chief Executive of the British Fashion Council alongside the BFC Fashion Trust Advisory Committee on Tuesday 14th May 2019.
The winners will be informed via email no later than the end of May 2019.