In order to be considered for the BFC Fashion Trust grant applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should have an established designer fashion business that has been trading for a minimum of three years.
- The Fashion Trust initiative is open to all ready-to-wear collections and/or accessories, millinery or jewellery. Collections cannot consist of bridalwear or childrenswear.
- The applicant’s company should be based in the United Kingdom and registered with Companies House (not sole trader).
- The applicant's company should be majority-owned by the Creative Director/Designer.
- Applicants who produce fashion shows are advised to show at London Fashion Week if applicable.
- Applicants should have international and UK stockists and/or sell direct-to-consumer.
- Grant money requested should relate to a defined project that will be delivered within a set period of time and should not exceed £50,000. It should not be used to employ permanent staff or to cover expenses that will extend beyond the length of the project.
- Applicants can apply up to 5 times.
- The grant can be received 3 times.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate support from both UK and international media.
Applications will be reviewed against the following areas:
- Contribution to the overall fashion ecosystem: businesses must have a strong creative point of view, demonstrating a clear aesthetic point of difference, have contributed to the voice of UK fashion and have given back with their time to further the ecosystem.
- Future business model: applicant’s ability to demonstrate a clear vision on how the fund will empower the positive growth of their business, articulate how projects align to their broader business growth vision and show a clear return on investment.
- Use of the funds: planned use of funds that relate to a defined project that will be delivered within a set period of time and should not exceed £50,000. It should not be used to employ permanent staff or to cover expenses that will extend beyond the length of the project.
- The level and quality of stockists both international and UK; and/or proven direct to consumer sales channels for a designer fashion business.
- The level and quality of international and UK media recognition.
- The applicant’s demonstration of how they are addressing the three pillars of Positive Fashion: Environment, People, and Community & Craftsmanship.
- Quality and completeness of application form.
Applications for 2022 are now closed.
Applicants will be asked to submit the following information with their application:
- Company information.
- A PDF look book from the last two collections (maximum file size is 2MB).
- A PDF file of latest press book (maximum file size is 2MB).
- Two industry referees (buyer and/or journalist).
- Financial information (1. Financial summary template, 2. Cash flow template).
If you are having trouble downloading the excel documents, please try the following steps:
-Hard refresh your browser.
-Clear your cache.
-Open the webpage on another browser for example chrome, firefox, safari.
If the above steps do not rectify the problem, there is an alternative download link here.
- Most recent end of year accounts (PDF).
- A short statement on how you are addressing the three pillars of Positive Fashion: Environment, People, and Community & Craftsmanship.
- Plan for how you would spend the grant money (apply for £50,000 maximum) which should relate to a defined project that will be delivered within a set period of time.
- Applicants who fail to complete the form correctly and supply all requested information will be removed from the process.
You can download a PDF version of the form here to help you prepare ahead of filling out the online application. Please note, this document is for guidance only, all applications must be submitted via this link.
Applicants will be asked to complete equal opportunities information about their business, their staff and themselves, this information will be kept on file for information only and will not form part of the judging process.
If you would declare yourself disabled under the Disability Act 1995 and need any support accessing this application form, large print, easy read, or audio recording, please contact:
- Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted by a judging committee consisting of industry experts and funding representatives.
- Applicants will be informed if they have been shortlisted in April 2022.
- The Shortlist will be interviewed by the judging committee in May 2022.