In order to be considered for the BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should have an established designer fashion business that has been trading for a minimum of 3 years.
- The applicant's collection should consist primarily of womenswear and/or womenswear accessories and/or all gender collections and not primarily consist of menswear, bridalwear or childrenswear.
- The applicant’s company should be based in the United Kingdom and registered with Companies House (not sole trader).
- The applicant's company should be majority-owned by the Creative Director/Designer.
- Applicants who produce fashion shows are advised to show at London Fashion Week if applicable.
- Applicants should have international and UK stockists and/or sell direct to consumer.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate support from both UK and international media.
- Applicants can apply up to 5 times.
- The award can only be won once, but you can reapply if you've been shortlisted previously and not won.
- Applicants currently in NEWGEN first year or second year are not eligible. Only NEWGEN graduates (ie having completed two years in the initiative and currently in their third year) can apply. Brands that have never been in NEWGEN must still adhere to 3+ years in business criteria.
Applications will be reviewed against the following areas:
- Creative merit: demonstrating a strong aesthetic and point of difference.
- Contribution of brand and designer to the voice of UK fashion and how they have given back with their time/resources to further the ecosystem.
- The level and quality of stockists both international and UK; and/or proven direct to consumer sales channels.
- The level and quality of international and UK media recognition.
- The applicant’s ability to demonstrate a clear vision on how the fund will contribute to the long-term sustainability of their business.
- The applicant’s demonstration of how they are addressing the three pillars of Positive Fashion: Environment, People and Community & Craftsmanship.
- Quality and completeness of application form.
Applications are now closed.
Applicants will be asked to submit the following information with their application:
- Company information
- A PDF look book from the last two collections (maximum file size is 2MB)
- A PDF file of latest press book (maximum file size is 2MB)
- Two industry referees (buyer and/or journalist)
- Financial information (1. Financial Summary Template, 2. Cash flow template)
If you are having trouble downloading the excel documents, please try the following steps:
-Hard refresh your browser.
-Clear your cache.
-Open the webpage on another browser for example chrome, firefox, safari.
If the above steps do not rectify the problem, there is an alternative download link here.
- Most recent end of year accounts (PDF)
- A short statement on how you are addressing the three pillars of Positive Fashion: Environment, People and Community & Craftsmanship
- Plan for the development of your business
Applicants who fail to complete the form correctly and supply all requested information will be removed from the process.
Applicants will be asked to complete equal opportunities information about their business, their staff and themselves, this information will be kept on file for information only and will not form part of the judging process.
You can download a PDF version of the form here to help you prepare ahead of filling out the online application. Please note, this document is for guidance only, all applications must be submitted via this link.
If you would declare yourself disabled under the Disability Act 1995 and need any support accessing this application form, or need it in a different format like large print, easy read, or audio recording, please contact: email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted by a judging committee chaired by British Vogue Editor-in-Chief, Edward Enninful OBE, and CEO of the British Fashion Council, Caroline Rush CBE, alongside industry experts and funding representatives.
- Applicants will be informed if they have been shortlisted in January 2022.
- The Shortlist will be interviewed by the Fund judging committee in March 2022.